Caylee Anthony

Caylee Anthony

Sunday, September 29, 2019

Bully Lists and Fake Awards: High School In The Book World

 I have seen several bully lists aimed at author's, readers, and others in the book world. It's a shame that people have nothing better to do with their lives. It's things like bully Lists, fake awards to hurt others, and even spreading lies about others that make me want to just walk away for good.

Why must we act like we are still in high school? Why can't we be adults and be supportive of others. We are all working for the same cause here. It's not a battlefield on which we have to spew heartless words just to survive.

This post is aimed towards those certain fake awards that were recently created just to bash people in the book community. As an author ,reader, and supporter of my fellow authors, I thought it was only right to share the post about those awards. A lot of good that did me. It only landed me on those ignorant awards claiming I was trying to censor free speech.
The Facebook page responsible for the whole fiasco even went as far as to make a post on their page about me personally. I had only shared a post just like a lot of other people have. Nothing wrong with that unless you're a lowlife who only wants to bring others down.

I am not even sure what angers me the most. The Facebook page Book Awards For The Rest of Us has been very cruel to so many amazing author's and readers, including myself.
 There was this list of bogus awards going around Facebook. I saw it on a friend's page. There were several authors I know on there and I know they are nothing like this troll was saying. So I shared this fake awards list and asked people on my friends list to report it. I felt it was the right thing to do.  (Boy was I wrong! If you aren't a troll, you can't post anything obviously.)

To make matters worse, they went on to make a new list. A purge list of all things. Are they planning to take out some of the people on their fake awards? Make sure they have no fans left at all? Who knows with these idiots?

It's pretty pathetic they are hiding behind the page and not facing the consequences of their actions. Hey, if sharing a bully list and trying to have it removed makes me a fascist, so be it. I do not condone any type of bullying or violence. If you have a problem with someone, take it up with them face to face. Don't be a keyboard warrior and hide behind a screen.
None of these people on those lists deserve to be treated like this.
So, what am I planning to do to help build up my fellow authors? I will be doing a series of posts about them and their books. So, if you are a true fan of author's and books be sure to stay tuned for those posts in the future.

I will not sit by while my fellow authors are treated unfairly. You best believe that I will be sticking up for my friends and even those on that list I don't know.
Until next time, please treat others with respect and kindness. Later Days my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite books

  • Rebels At The Gate
  • The Father Factor
  • Jacob's Girls
  • James Patterson's Books
  • A Seperate Peace
  • The Pearl
  • A Christmas Carol
  • The Hunt For Hawke's Daughter
  • Charlotte's Web
  • A Child Called "IT"
  • Sugar Baby

My Favorite Authors

  • Janie King Crouch
  • Elizabeth Heiter
  • Lynn Rush
  • Kelly Hashway
  • Langston Hughes
  • John Knowles
  • John Stienbeck
  • Charles Dickens
  • Max Lucado
  • James Patterson
  • Jean Barrett
  • Karen Young

My Favorite Movies

  • Kickin It Old Skool
  • Meet The Robinsons
  • My Girl
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Free Willy
  • Beauty and the Beast