Caylee Anthony

Caylee Anthony

Sunday, June 2, 2019

Authors and their readers

Today I want to talk to you about authors and their readers. As an author I appreciate all of my readers. I for one am very glad they like my work and share it with their friends. As a reader I love sharing my favorite authors with anyone who will listen to me.
So, you're probably thinking, where is she going with this post? I think something needs to be said about certain people treating others bad for sharing an author's books and not being on that author's street team.
That's no way for authors to get fans. If you have fans who are out to make people feel bad, then you need new fans. If people who are on your street team want to make other readers feel that they should stop sharing books all together, they are not doing their job as a street team member. If they were really willing to be on your street team they would be happy and excited to have others share your work.  That's the whole point of a street team.
To have someone so upset that they want to walk away from the book world, that's just bullying. It's ridiculous and uncalled for.
As authors we need to face the facts. In this day and age we need all the help we can get to sell our books. Don't let anyone on your street team be manipulative or mean to your fans, or those who want to be your fans.
As an author it makes me ashamed to be a part of the book world that let's our readers be treated this way. It's times like this that I want to walk away from it myself.
Treat others with respect and make sure your street team does the same!!! If not, you could possibly lose a lot of readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite books

  • Rebels At The Gate
  • The Father Factor
  • Jacob's Girls
  • James Patterson's Books
  • A Seperate Peace
  • The Pearl
  • A Christmas Carol
  • The Hunt For Hawke's Daughter
  • Charlotte's Web
  • A Child Called "IT"
  • Sugar Baby

My Favorite Authors

  • Janie King Crouch
  • Elizabeth Heiter
  • Lynn Rush
  • Kelly Hashway
  • Langston Hughes
  • John Knowles
  • John Stienbeck
  • Charles Dickens
  • Max Lucado
  • James Patterson
  • Jean Barrett
  • Karen Young

My Favorite Movies

  • Kickin It Old Skool
  • Meet The Robinsons
  • My Girl
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Free Willy
  • Beauty and the Beast