Caylee Anthony

Caylee Anthony

Friday, July 11, 2014

Author Melanie James Interview

Today we our honored to bring you an interview with author Melanie James


Cassandra Jones:  What made you decide to be an author?


Melanie James: A Very good friend of mine who has been writing since the year I was born. I wrote a story for her and she begged me to start putting my stories out.


CJ: Are there any authors who inspire you?



MJ: Everyone that has written or published a book inspires me. It's much harder than anyone thinks. You literally spend hundreds of hours agonizing over the words you are typing, only to delete and re-write.


CJ:  What was the hardest part of writing your latest book?


MJ: The hardest part was the emotional aspect of what Jenny had to go through as a young girl when her parents died.
CJ: Do you have a specific writing style?


MJ: Not really. I don't think anyone could pin me to one certain theme. I write contemporary romance, paranormal, suspense and of course erotic. My motto is all romance, all the time!


CJ: Is there anyone in your life who inspires you?


MJ: My husband.



CJ:  Do you listen to music while writing?


MJ: Never, I would type what I hear.



CJ:  What is your favorite genre to read?



MJ: Romance - any flavor.



CJ:  How did you come up with the titles of your books?



MJ: The title always pulls on a theme in the book.


CJ: What book are you reading now?



MJ: Early One Morning by Aubree Lane.




CJ: Do you have any advice for someone just starting out in the writing world?


MJ: Write.. don't stop!








I hope everyone enjoyed our time with Melanie James. Thank you for your time Melanie and good luck to you always!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

My favorite books

  • Rebels At The Gate
  • The Father Factor
  • Jacob's Girls
  • James Patterson's Books
  • A Seperate Peace
  • The Pearl
  • A Christmas Carol
  • The Hunt For Hawke's Daughter
  • Charlotte's Web
  • A Child Called "IT"
  • Sugar Baby

My Favorite Authors

  • Janie King Crouch
  • Elizabeth Heiter
  • Lynn Rush
  • Kelly Hashway
  • Langston Hughes
  • John Knowles
  • John Stienbeck
  • Charles Dickens
  • Max Lucado
  • James Patterson
  • Jean Barrett
  • Karen Young

My Favorite Movies

  • Kickin It Old Skool
  • Meet The Robinsons
  • My Girl
  • 30 Days of Night
  • Free Willy
  • Beauty and the Beast